Sunday, November 2, 2008

Smart Habit Saturday

“Day by day in every way I am getting better and better!”
Emil Coue, Self-Mastery through Conscious Autosuggestion


I know, I know today is Sunday, not Saturday. Somehow the day escaped me ... not sure how because I certainly wasn't all that busy. A few errands and a trip to my favorite place - the library!

On to habits ... again I borrow this idea from the Lazy Organizer. I've been working on some habits before I began the blog.

Flossing nightly - almost perfect; I have only skipped because I didn't brush my teeth or do the nighttime ritual altogether.

Getting in bed by 9 p.m. - I am very close on this one. I have usually begun the evening routine by 9 p.m. and am actually in bed by 9:30 p.m. Yes, it takes me about 20 minutes to wash my face, brush the choppers & take my vitamins. I'm slow, probably because I am listening to an audiobook on my iPod. Then I walk around the house making sure there aren't any dishes in the sink, the doors are locked & the blinds/drapes closed and other random crap. Then I read for about 30 minutes or till whenever I can't keep my eyelids open. ET will tell you I prefer to read until the wee hours of the night but I haven't done that since I began waking at 5 a.m. So I'd like to be in bed by 9 p.m. thus needing to begin the nighttime ritual 30 minutes earlier. This hasn't occurred yet. I seem to be easily distracted: the internet, a new DVD from the library, I must finish this one row on the afghan I'm crocheting or something else as trivial. Maybe I should do this in smaller increments ...

Wash blender daily - Sounds pretty silly, eh? Well, every morning I have a CINCH shake (which I love!) made in the blender. I am usually running late, I prefer rushed, in the morning and often don't wash the blender but leave it in the sink rinsed out. Don't ask me why I can find the 30 seconds to rinse the thing out but not another 30 seconds to wash it! I'm weird this way. When I come home I always wash it right away which is fine during the weeks ET is gone. (He is on the road for work 7 days and is home 7 days.) Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, ET could be known as Mr. Clean. He is a Virgo and boy - they are orderly. I have learned some good cleaning habits since being together and of course there is always room for improvement. So I am trying to change my habit of leaving the blender in the sink needing to be washed to doing it immediately after drinking my shake in the morning. I'll let you know how this goes.

I'm not going to add anything new this week. ET wants me to start exercising again so I could add that but I have no motivation. I understand all the benefits and perks but I guess I am just lazy. Perhaps I could try something simple like ride my bike two days this week. I mean gee-whiz my dad who's in his 70s rides his over 5 miles daily you'd think I could too. (Don't hold your breath.)

No comments: