Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


If you haven't read this book, immediately stop what you are doing & get to the nearest library and check out this book! (If you are into audiobooks be sure to listen instead of read the narrator is excellent.)

I cannot believe I waited this long to read/listen to this fabulous novel.  (BR - why didn't you tell me I HAD to read it ASAP?)



Let's see, what's not to love? It's set in Savannah during the late 60s.  and the characters are a group of strong but diverse women. 


I wish I could just jump into the book a la Thursday Next.


And I don't know which character I love better or would want to be ... CeeCee, Aunt Tootie, Oletta, or Mrs. Goodpepper.


I was a bit nervous when I began it, poor CeeCee has a challenging life with her mentally unstable mother, and thought something awful would happen to CeeCee.  But it turns out a-okay.


This is a wonderful story about the healing power of love.  I wish we all had such a tribe as CeeCee does.


View all my reviews

No comments: